Monday, October 7, 2013

Perfect {Fall} Cookie

I can't believe it.  It's really the perfect fall cookie.  The look, the texture, the color and the TASTE!  
Introducing the cookie butter marshmallow thumbprint cookie. 
So, here's what you do.  Take the good 'ol fashioned peanut butter cookie reicipe from Hershey and substitute cookie butter for the peanut butter.  (I added an additional 1/4c of cookie butter because it seems a but thinner than peanut butter.)
Once you have your dough, roll it into 1" balls.
Dredge in sugar (I like to use the superfine sugar).
Place onto your baking sheet & bake until the cookies start to crack.
Now, because we are not pushing a Hershey Kiss into these beauties, I wanted to make a little "thumb print".  I used one of my measureing spoons so I wouldn't burn my finger off!
Next, place marshmallow fluff into a piping bag (or ziplock with the tip cut off).
Pipe marshmallow into cookie.
The Toppers:
I finished this cookie two ways.  One for those of us with a butane torche and one for those of us without.  
First, non-flamable topper:
If you are not inclined to use a butane torche, take a few Biscoff cookeies and crumble into a small bowl.  Once you've finished piping your marshmallow, sprinkle on top!  Simple, yummy, and pretty much danger-free.

Option Two: Roasted Marshmallow Topper
So now for those of us with the torch and love any reason to use it.  Give the tops of these little babies a quick once over.  I LOVE the taste of the burnt marshmallow so these were right up my alley.
 There you have it!  The perfect fall cookie two ways!
Enjoy & Happy Monday.
Many Blessings,
{G3QDesigns}

No comments:

Post a Comment