Monday, January 2, 2012

Seeing Clearly in 2012

Lucite, acrylic, plexi-glass . . . a rose by any other name. But yes, these products are just as sweet!  We all may be familiar with the Kartell Ghost chairs (I'm guilty, I own both the adult and children's versions) but here are some lesser known products that are sure to add just as much style to your space!


Ugh, I love the lucite desk used with the warm brown leather chairs. This office is right up my color-way!  And can we talk about the urchin light fixture?! 



This scroll table by Plexi-craft is awesome!  I can see it used in so many places!  An entry way of a traditional home, waiting area in a salon, as a coffee table in any living room!


The softness of the sitting area in this 
Manhattan apartment is perfection. I want to cozy up in one of the chairs with a cashmere sweater and a good book! 


A plexi easel is a genius idea.  It wont compete with whatever it is you put on it and it will give whatever the art may be a great modern vibe.

What a genius juxtaposition! A familiar object; the steel I-beam, made out of a lightweight and clear material!  Gus Modern acrylic I-Beam table, $345 at Bobby Berk Home.


Gus Modern, acrylic "TImber-table"  Reasonable at $235 from 




Here is a little compilation of clearly amazing things....
Lucite trunk, Plexi-craft
Lucite antlers, Jayson Home
Fabulous lucite and case elepahnt tusk console table, 1st dibs
Pasha chair, Pedrali
Lucite letters, Wonderful Grafitti
Bookshelves, vintage finds! 



(Shout-Out) If I had more time I would love to follow this entertaining Blog, Design Crisis. The writing is great, easy to read and pretty much everything I would like to be!  The image here is from Designer Laura Day 


And, I feel you can't write about lucite without giving a nod to this iconic chair. . .(Kartell)

Happy 2012!!!!!



Weeping may remain for night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

No comments:

Post a Comment