Thursday, January 12, 2012

Faux Bois


I've always been a big fan of faux bois (French for "false wood"). It's nature and (well generally) concrete mixed together to give us wonderful furniture, art, and accessories. 

Although I have yet to find my faux bois etegere, here are some cool, inspirational pieces!  Enjoy and happy Thursday!!




Wow, Currey & Company's Elwynn bench is spot-on!  This particular bench was crafted in the Philippines.  Although it looks like driftwood or even "twigs" you might find in the North Woods, it is made from concrete and steel! 



I love this Noblis wallpaper and the way this bathroom is styled! They went double foux bois with the wallpaper and the mirror.  




I'm very much digging this console table.  It has really made me think, and think, and think about how I would style a room with this in it.  That's super-intriguing!  The "This is Unique" console table from Dust Delux would be fantastic in a charcoal gray dining room with a giant chrome cattle skull with horns above it.  Are you feeling me? I would accent with fresh flowers and a variety of silver candlesticks.   Hmmm, I really like this. 



Ha!  So, we go from edgy to cozy/preppy.  This takes me to a totally different place than the console table above.  I know I prefer the former but I do like the natural element added into this room.  Wouldn't you love to see some giant crazy crystal on the end table rather than the flower and jack? And a Chinese Key Hole chair in place of the upholstered one?  And some vintage pillows thrown on the couch? 

Oh boy, getting carried away and after all, this is an ad for Tom Felicia who designed this Faux Bois patterned fabric for Kravet...


This dining table is by Global Views....


I like this version by Cobble hill.  It's a bit more organic and less "fois" looking. It makes me think it is going to start walking and talking like a character in a Tim Burton movie! 
Branch side table by ABC Carpet Home.



This faux bois planter looks like it came out of a ruin in France!  I don't love the leaded glass behind it but the garden-type urn/finials inside of it are uh-mazing.


Silver Faux Bois ice buckets/vases from Branca.



You can find this Gus Modern table at Global Home.


Shout Out: The Blog Chiclectic shared the following medley of faux bois items from French fashion to place mats...


Clockwise from top left: Wood grain laptop decal bu Beepart.  Timber table by Gus Design, available at Unica Home.  Faux Bois coaster by Robot Candy. Chilewich faux bois place mats in driftwood.  Center: Runway look, Celine.


Finally, the bed I think I would have wanted as a little girl...


Imagine the dreams one would have in this 
Forest Canopy Bed from Anthro!




We'll keep you posted on whether or not we get into the Long Beach Flea Market for this Sunday!  Brooke found some crazy cool things yesterday in the Santa Barbara/Ventura area and I head to Palm Springs again today on a buying trip!




When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other.
Ecclesiastes 7:14




1 comment:

  1. whimsical yet eclectic... Love Faux Bois. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete