With all the new styles, cuts and embellishments on denim, you're sure to make a statement this Fall.
A great pair of jeans can lift your booty, slim your figure and most importantly boost your confidence.
There's a perfect pair of jeans calling your name whether you're a girl on a budget or willing to break the bank. Play with your denim and have fun.
Here's my guide to this seasons' blues. Happy shopping!
The Boyfriend Jean:
Who can wear them? Borrowed from the boys the Boyfriend jean offers a roomy alternative to the Skinnies and are extremely comfortable. The tomboy vibe is fun, modern and right on trend. If your looking to flatter your figure and prefer to wear tailored clothing, then the structured Boyfriend Jean is right up your alley. If you really want to embrace the authentic Boyfriend Jean then go for supper baggy and pair it with a more form fitting top and a great cardigan to complete the outfit.
1) Rag & Bone/Jean: The Selvedge Boyfriend Jean, $297 available at Shopbop 2) Current Elliott: The Fling, $208 available at Shopbop 3) James Jeans: The Neo Beau Boyfriend Jean, $180 available at Shopbop 4) Levi's: Boyfriend Skinny Wasteless, $88 available at Levi's 5) H&M: The Boyfriend Low Jean, $39.95 available at H&M
The Bootcut Jean:
Who can wear them? Better question is who can't. A classic Bootcut Jean is always in style and the flattering cut works on all body types. With the right pair they can be very flattering to those who are trying to balance out curves. You can pair these classics with a crisp Oxford shirt (my favorites are white and black) or rock these beauties with a tuxedo jacket or a great blazer.
1) Textile Elizabeth and James: The Lennox Flare Jean, $198 available at Shopbop 2) 7 For All Mankind: The Kimmie Distressed Bootcut Jean, $198 available at Shopbop 3) Citizens of Humanity: The Kelly Jean, $168 available at Piperlime 4) Levi's Curve ID: The Demi Curve, $78 available at Levi's 5) H&M: The Bootcut Low Jean, $39.93 available at H&M
The Moto Jean:
Who can wear them? Moto jeans started hitting the runways back in Spring, now with Autumn and Winter on their way watch out. With its reinforced lower thigh/knee detailing and topstitching these jeans can look great when pulled together with the right feminine piece. Let a plain tank or tee complete the look with effortless perfection. Simplicity is key, steer clear or too much biker inspiration in one outfit such as biker boots and bikers jackets.
1) Mother: The Looker Inside Skinny Jean, $275 available at Piperlime 2) Rag & Bone/Jean: Devi Lace Up Jean, $253 available at Piperlime 3) Rag & Bone/ Jean: Lariat Jean, $253 available at Piperlime 4) Current/ Elliott: The Motto Stiletto Jean, $134 available at Shopbop 5) Blank Denim: Utility Pants, $106 available at Shopbop
The Skinny Jean:
Who can wear them? Ok here's the skinny on Skinnies, one things for sure these jeans are back with a vengeance and here to stay. Finding the right pair starts with knowing your body type and working with your figure and not against it. Proportional figures have the most options, but you don't need to be stick thin to rock these. Use this denim to help with height, if you have long legs they'll look longer. For you petite girls they can add height, just make sure they hit at the ankle (any longer and they'll bunch up, making you look shorter). those with a tummy or full hips and thighs they can offset curves with styles that have a slightly roomier leg opening.
1) Citizens Of Humanity: The Avedon Skinny, $218 available at Piperlime 2) Rag & Bone/Jean: The SkinnyJean, $198 available at Shopbop 3) 7 For All Mankind: The Skinny, $159 available at Piperlime 4) H&M: The Supper Skinny Supper Low, $19.95 available at H&M 5) Forever 21: The Skinny Jean, $15.80 available at Forever 21
The Ankle-Length Jean:
Who can wear them? A stylish cut for any season, the ankle- length jean hits right at the ankle and should be worn in a skinny cut. If your on the taller side you can pair this denim up with a great pair of flats. If your on the shorter side pair these up with heels to help compensate for leg shortening. Wear this polished style with a beautiful blouse, tailored jacket or blazer and boom your right on point with one of the hottest trends.
1) Textile Elizabeth and James: Cooper Zip Jean, $228 available at Piperlime 2) Paige: Skyline Ankle Skinny Peg, $199 available at Piperlime 3) J Brand: 811 Mid-Rise Ankle Skinny Jean, $189 available at Piperlime 4) Blanknyc: Ankle -Zip Skinny Cargo Pant, $118 available at Urban Outfitters 5) Mossimo Women's Ankle Skinny Jean, $16.78 available at Target
Bonny Trejos is a stylist at the Canyon Salon, Westlake Village, California.