Monday, August 19, 2013

Beauty: Marc Us!

Guest Beauty Blogger: Baubi J. Huff


Beauty

School has started which gives us an excuse to revamp our look for fall.
Beauty 101: Marc Jacobs is at the head of the class!
(Marc Jacobs launches his long-awaited beauty line at Sephora on August 9) 
The packages are sleek, the products beautifully colorful, and the whopping 122 pieces of innovative fun break down into four groups: 
  • Smart Complexion (gel foundations, powders and pen concealers)
  • Blacquer Eyes (gel waterproof eyeliner)
  • Eye-conic Palettes (eyeshadows) and 
  • Color-full Makeup (gel lip gloss, gel lip sticks, blush and nail polish)
I had serious attention issues looking over the entire collection, but the nail polishes are what grabbed me! 
The bottles are very Marc (yes, we are now on a first name basis): fashion forward, multi facetted, rich in color & high-end looking.
I'm enamored with all 24 polishes!  There's “Sally” my green goddess (almost black until the light hits and the emerald frost gleams!) and “Petra” a raisin color infused with a micro silver glitter. Seriously, these polishes will have you at first coat! (Extremely pigmented, go on smoothly, no streaking, fast drying & a high lacquered finish.) 

Sally and Petra are coming home with me I proclaimed! But, I needed something to compliment them. My eyes immediately found eyeliners and eye shadows that matched these beautiful polishes. (Usually, I don’t keep my eyes and nails in conjunction with each other but I think thats the way Marc intended it to be.) 
I picked up Intro(vert) Highliner, which compliments Sally (the green goddess) it glided on my hand smoothly and evenly, thanks to the gel qualities. I also tried Ro(Cocoa) a beautiful brown.
I thought to my self, “Done and done” its hard to find a great eyeliner that doesn’t smudge, goes on smoothly & effortlessly and did I mention waterproof. 
Marc Jacobs has done it again. 
The new look for fall: keep your nails and eyes in harmony with each other. Bright and Sassy, Classic and Nude, Dark and Vamp.  
What's your pleasure?


Thanks to Marc I feel like I'll be at the head of my class with my new, refreshed, fall look

People, there is something for everyone (including men!).
Who are you going to be this fall?



“I like the transformative qualities of fashion and fashion to me is not just clothing, it’s handbags, it’s shoes, it’s clothes, it’s hair, it’s makeup, it’s fragrance, it’s the whole ritual of making those choices, of enjoying the ritual, of making the choices that will tell the world who you want to be that day.” Marc Jacobs



Baubi J. Huff is a lover of high-fasion, self-proclaimed product junkie, and jewelry designer in San Diego, California. 

No comments:

Post a Comment