Monday, April 29, 2013

The BEST Kind of Surprise Makeover!

Have you ever dreamed about being able to decorate a space for one of your friends as a total surprise? No?  Oh, well, I totally have and that dream came true!!!!  The adorable husband of one of my best and oldest friends asked me to take a crack at sprucing up their place while they were on vacation.  It was a modest budget and with the help of G3QDesigns inventory I think the place turned out smashing!!!

So... Here are some photos from a colorful makeover for a very deserving family. They've weathered the worst of storms the last few years and I couldn't have been more honored to help give them a space where they feel at home!

With all my love,
Laura

The "Entry Way":


Nothing says entryway like a kitchen table!  (Hmm, and Harper what are you putting in your pants?!) Ok, ok, so this is what turned out to be my favorite part of the whole project!!!


Ugh, I am just in LOVE!!! I wanted to title this photo something really inappropriate having to do with money and a shot but I wont.

The giant framed piece of hand-dyed silk is what set the stage for this entire makeover.  It was framed in a really cheesy faux silver/gold leafy finish so I just painted it in the same color as the walls (um, white) and there you go!  

The mid-century table and mahogany accent chairs are both G3QDesigns and were both refinished for the project.  The fun wooden and ceramic vases in the middle - Crate & Barrel.  Lamps - Home Goods.  Candle - Anthropologie.  Record player & records - homeowner collection. 



I knew I wanted to paint the fireplace and I added a simple mantle for displaying accessories and Christmas stockings!

The console tables are homeowners and I repainted & added new hardware.  Orange garden stools & rope lamps - Home Goods. Fish dish for remotes - Anthropologie.

Vintage accessories (brass crane, brass cricket box, ceramic vase) - G3QDesigns.

 

A fresh coat of white paint made a world of difference in this space!  My beautiful friend loves color and I toyed with the idea of doing the walls and ceiling an awesome color - talked myself out of it.  Then though "oh, I'll do an accent wall" - over it. So, I went with Decorators White and added punches of color in all the accessories (and orange front door!).

With a beautiful family comes beautiful family photos.  Most from the very talented Joy Harmon Prouty of Wildflowers Photography

Vintage snail planter & acrylic grapes - G3QDesigns. Mid-century sectional - The Sofa Guy.  Coffee table - Urban Home.  Frames - IKEA.  Hex table, striped rug, yellow throw and pillows - Home Goods.



Hello West Elm fixture, how do you do?





Cane-back bamboo-legged chair - G3QDesigns.  White tassel garden stool, rope hung industrial mirror - Home Goods.  Curtains & rods - Target. 


Dying over this guy.  New at Anthro.  Planted with a petite fern.  Set him up on some lumber left from another project and he owns this entire makeover!


I actually ordered the round carved wood coffee table from West Elm and it was like something you would put in a Barbie house!!! I couldn't believe how tiny it was!  So, day of the surprise I ran out and got this (for $100 less!) and actually love the organic shape of it much more in the space!


The "Window Nook"



 This beautiful window nook housed an antique chest and record player.  It looked to make a good dance corner but I thought It needed a little spice!

Not the best photo I know.  A white-mid-century table sits atop a white and tan cowhide rug. White turtle shell from Nate Burkus on the wall. 

I swear the front door is not this day-glow in person!!! It is colorful and lovely, just like the homeowner!!





Vintage ram pitcher - G3Qdesigns. Carved wooden lamp - Anthropologie.  Clow-like glass jars - Pier 1 Imports.  

The "Kitchen Table":


This kitchen/work space needed just a little TLC to make it function for this family of 4.  I painted the table and chairs from the living room, added a colorful rug, updated lighting and framed the window with curtains. 

Butterfly shadow boxes - G3QDesigns.   Orange & tan chevron rug and wooden bowl - Home Goods.  Light fixture and bench - IKEA.  Curtains and rod - Target. 



Hex table - Home Goods.  Vintage catchall - homeowners. 

The "Outdoor Area":

I had a few bucks left in the budget so I gave this little seating area a mini-facelift.  Good thing I ran out of money and time, I planted the few flowers I did buy by digging holes with a kitchen spoon!!!



Fresh seat pads, some mulch and flowers and this tired area becomes a welcoming one!
(I do admit, the size of the yellow pillows bugs me!  I couldn't squeeze in the larger white ones to go behind them!) Not pictured because of the glaring sun are yellow lanterns on either side of the front door and little orange flowers lining the walkway. 




 Well, I am totally exhausted!!!  Hope to write again soon.  Until then - sweet dreams!







As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace.  1 Peter 4:10






No comments:

Post a Comment