Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hallway Facelift

This house has an amazing layout.  Every room, including hallways, has beautiful natural light.  Every inch needed a little love.  This hallway leads to the bedroom we call Nono's room- grandpa in Italian.  Nono, we know you'll love it as much as we do.  


Before:

After:
I kept the bones and counter top of the cabinet, replaced the doors with these stunning bamboo doors, used some white and gray marble tile I had left from the adjacent bathroom and finished it off with some accessories that would mean something to my Dad.  Photos of my mom and pottery made by a dear patient of his.  Simple hallway face lift complete!

These are pieces of art that the owner left for us in the first home we ever bought.  I've hung them in every home since (we've moved 19 times since being together!)
I loved their warm colors and thought they looked perfect with the bamboo.
I opted to not use hardware.  I thought that it would look too busy and because we don't use these cabinets everyday, they weren't necessary functionally.

What better way to get over the hump than through a hall....
Happy Wednesday Friends.

{G3QDesigns}

No comments:

Post a Comment